Every year approximately 85 of our members meet for 4-5 days in the Amish community of Shipshewana, Indiana. We stay at the Farmstead Inn where we have a large room where we sew, talk and eat! When we need a break we walk a short distance to shop at the wonderful quilt shops and a multitude of other shops. We have fun and make lots of quilts!
2021 Retreat Information
September 29 – October 3, 2021
370 S. Van Buren St,
Shipshewana, IN 46565
Wednesday, Sept 29
- Conference Center opens at 1:00 PM per Farmstead contract.
- Room check-in begins at 3:00 PM.
Sunday, October 3
- Room check-out by 11:00 AM
- Conference Center closes at 1:00 PM per Farmstead contract.
See page 8 of the July Newsletter
- Farmstead Inn provides a daily continental breakfast.
- Lunch/Dinner are on your own.
- Each person will have an 8’ table.
- Cutting tables and ironing stations are provided.
- Bring everything you need to the retreat including side tables (work surface not to exceed 24” x 30”).
- Please call Farmstead Inn and reserve your guest room no later than 8/28/21 to receive a discount.
- Guest room prices are as follows (based on double occupancy, applicable taxes not included):
- Wednesday $116;
- Thursday $114;
- Friday $131;
- Saturday $121.
- There is an additional $10 per guest charge in rooms with 3 or more occupants.
- Orphan block potholder/hot pad exchange:
We all have that one block that never made it to a quilt. Please complete up to a maximum of one 10” block preferably using Insul Brite to finish this challenge. Please add your personal label on the back. They will be displayed prior to Saturday’s drawing.
- Scrappy quilt block drawing:
Bring an unfinished 8” quilt block. Depending on the number of members who participate, the lucky winner(s) will receive enough blocks to make a small quilt.
There will be a snack table during the Retreat. A sign-up sheet will be available at registration to help the committee oversee this area. Everyone’s help is needed to keep this area clean and tidy. Thank you!
Bring your unwanted quilt items or fabric. During the Retreat, help yourself to any
item(s) on the table. At the end of the Retreat, remaining items will be donated to the Retreat Committee to use in their small group.
Show and Tell
So that everyone has a chance to see all quilts, we are designating 8:00 pm Wednesday-Saturday for Show and Tell. Please hold your reveal until that time daily. Thank you!